Sunday, February 6, 2011

God Said 'Go'


We have been on a wild ride for the past year and would love to bring you in on some of the things that God has been doing in us and through us in 2010. First most of you know that we are leaving our home of Seattle, WA and heading to San Diego, CA. I know it sounds crazy but the story is awesome.

I went for a jog 2 summers ago and as I was running the Holy Spirit began to speak to me about the past few years of ministry that we had been involved in at Mosaic. The church that my wife and I planted 5 years ago. I was so overwhelmed and encourage as I was remembering all that God has done and brought us through. And right in the middle of that I began to feel like the Holy Spirit was stirring in me that are time in Seattle was done, we did what He asked us to do and that He had something new for us.

I personally didn’t know what to do with that. We were loving what we were doing, having a blast living in Seattle and honestly thought that we would die here. I began to process with Elizabeth about what God was stirring in me and she began to cry. She went and got her journal and showed me were she had written almost the same thing down 7 days before.

All of the sudden this word that felt so random began to carry a lot more weight. That started the journey for us of asking God what was next for us as a family, and he lead us clearly in to San Diego. We will be working with All Peoples Church, another Antioch Church Plant, were I will be serving as the Catalyst Pastor.

I will be serving in a lot different capacities the greatest being seeing the dreams of God’s heart for San Diego have traction in every aspect of are church there.

More to come…bless you

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful how God spoke to both of you the same thing at different times. Your confidence must be soaring in knowing He is directing your path with the Light of who He is. God bless you. God bless Mosaic as they press on and God bless the new work you will be walking/running with in San Diego. I'm so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete